I was thinking about my last blog post. I would like, if you would bare with me, to expand on my feeling of nostalgia with a pie metaphor.
When everyone was young they did not have their own pie. I provided pie for them. I could bake endless amounts of pie and give them as much as i felt they needed. I gave them bigger slices of pie at different times. But now they have indeed collected much of the ingredients they needed to bake their own pies. Sometimes they don't share any of that pie with me, me the original baker of the pie! But more often it is a small slice of the pie and other times it is a big juicy chunk of their pie.
I am so glad that they have their own pie now. an so happy that they are willing to share I can go back to my own pie now and it is good but it will never taste as sweet as all of the pie I baked to give away to my children.

No comments:
Post a Comment