One week in, and it aint pretty people. I am stressed to a new level. The cramped space is a lot to adjust to. Well let's say this we are not suffering as people do, and I know they do. We have a kitchen, we have a bathroom, we have a bedroom with enough space for all 5 beds and dressers. We have a table we can squeeze around for a meal. But oh my are we on top of each other! Steven and I find our selves snapping too quickly. I feel on the edge of tears often. We worked so hard last weekend.
Oh yes last weekend. The move. The painful, poorly planned move. Mostly because of my inability to pack. We had Friday night a crew of young people, a student teacher from my school, her BF and his brother. We barely made a dent. The next day the ST, the brother, 3 laborers, a friend, and another who took the kids out. More progress but still bad shape the next day. All day, buyers practically tapping their toes, waiting for the keys, we finally got the last spoon out of that house. It was seriously exhausting.
Now of course we had our anniversary. We are almost too tired to care, but we did and we do. Now we are here.
The house we want to buy is months away from ready. So I must get it together. Oh so boring but true, I must attempt the whole "be strong" thing again. But really who isn't "being strong" about something at any given time?
Besides I have Myrtle Beach to think about now. Oh the packing!
No comments:
Post a Comment