Our family

Our family

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What a fun week we are having at the house. We have Sara, my niece visiting with her friend Kate. This has been so much fun. I think it is adorable the way that Matthew and Christopher are so excited to be with the "cousins" as they think Kate is a cousin too, and who needs to bother correcting that?
We spent the day in Manhatten yesterday, the truth be told, at first I was so nervous, I have work to do, a party to plan I can't take time to traipse around the city. But I did, and you know it was really, really fun. I had a blast. Only Matthew came with us and he was an angel, to the point that even the girls noticed. He was beaming with pride when they commented on how grown up he seems.
It was great to have some "alone" time with Matthew. The girls had eachother so I really got to spend that elusive "quality" time finding out what is on Matthew's mind. What mainly seems to be on his mind is bugs, worms and dinosours. He had some inisghtful questions mostly I had to tell him to ask his dad.
We all ate at the original Jeckyl and Hydes which was fun, but at some points way too scary for Matthew. They have a creepy butler who kept coming around to harass the girls and tell them they only had a 50/50 chance of getting out of the resturaunt alive.
I bought some cute stuff and got the kids some candy. Matthew loved the trains and the girls kept there cool on the subway. Oh except maybe for when they were dancing to the conga drims on the 'c' line platform, then I really thought we only had a 50/50 shot at getting out of there alive!

No comments: