Our family

Our family

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's day has come and gone, and I have a million pictures to post and stories to tell. But for some reason a simple memory or a million of them have come rushing back to me. It is not a specific time that is playing on the edge of my thoughts, but over hearing Fernanda in kitchen. Cabinet doors shutting, the faucet running. The smell of coffee wafting from the kitchen. It made me think of my mom.and the comfort of hearing her in kitchen. How it was almost the underlying sound track of my life. It let you know that life was carrying on, She was there, so all was well.

Though these daily tasks may have bored her, or driven her to distraction, for me and I will say all 4 of us, they were rhythm of life. Getting up and getting it done, one more day probably showed us more about how to live then any pointed lesson.

Maybe the greatest sacrifice of all is the mundane and repetitious chores of raising kids. It may have felt stifling to you at times, but it certainly let the rest of us breathe easier.

Thanks mom and to steal a line from Christopher- I love you in my heart forever.

No comments: