Our family

Our family

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catch up

I had promised myself that I would blog everyday for this trip. I have fallen way short of this goal. Now I am lost in all that is happened and I am not sure where to begin.
We started with the first night at my parents house. Then we drove 6 grueling hours the next day to the reunion. I have to say that reunion was great this year. My aunt Joann works hard to put together a nice picnic.
Following the picnic we drove 2 more grueling hours on low fuel and through a harrowing thunderstorm. All I can say, is thank God the kids were fantastic. They put up with it like troopers! I on the other hand was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
That night we had an awesome fire and the kids stayed up too late catching fire flies and making smores.
The next day was off and on rain. The boys got to swim and all 5 kids+Brent wen to for a ride on a horse. Oh wait, Chris decided not to ride. then we had hotdogs on the grill, followed by more smores!
Monday was cold and rainy. So we headed over to living treasures and really great zoo/petting zoo. They fed the animals carrots, the babies were in 7th heaven as we were allowed to go in with the animals to be fed. The baby goats were jumping right up on the them. Mark hovered between scared and thrilled. It was a ton of fun. We followed it up with lunch at mcd's
Today is sunny finally and we are going to go to the pool. From here on out I will blog frequently, so that I can capture the moments better.

No comments: