Our family

Our family

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tupac or not Tupac

I can't pack. I don't mean that I am not good at it, I wouldn't know as I am having a hard time even starting. Well no, I do tape together the boxes and then begin to put stuff in them but then I am struck by an insecurity a dialogue on what should go in this box, should the box have a theme? Should half of this stuff even make the journey to the new house? So instead I read, books, the Internet, to the kids. I play Kinnect, go ice skating and to the zoo. I workout and follow Justin Bieber on twitter.
I have a slight disbelief that I am ever going to actually need to face down moving day at all. The big splash of finding the house seems so far away and the maze of paperwork and deal-making seem too long to ever surmount. I do tend to get overwhelmed by the gigantic project thing as well. I stop and drift off, and I know this is true. But what to do with the whole "know thyself" thing? Uh great, I know that I will never be able to pack up the house.
I am glad though to be still good at what I am good at, which is spending time with the kids. I am really good at that. And they are having a good vacation which I am hoping counts for something.

No comments: