Our family

Our family

Monday, February 4, 2008

school trip

If anyone can think of a better way to spend a Monday morning then going on a field trip with their kindergartener I'd like to hear it. I love seeing how they are out in the "world". I got to sit with Matthew and watch a play. He sat with his hands neatly folded in his lap, for the first 15 minutes and them, yes, he reached over and held my hand for the rest of the show. It was so sweet and relaxing. That is until the curtain went up and I looked to Christopher who could barely hold back the tears.
"I thought you would sit with me too".
"oh Chrissy on the next trip"
"no." His little voice wavering.
We had to leave the play and I saw him in the parking lot. I told him goodbye as I left with Matthew for his bus. I could see he was barely containing himself. His teacher did not notice the emotion on his face, and kept saying, "Chris, your mom said bye" Until Chris couldn't take it anymore and burst into tears and ran over to me.
Tnakfully they let me take Chris on Matthew's bus.
Ah Christopher so sweet. He fell asleep on my shoulder in the bus. I know it is because of his instable blood sugar, because they don't get snack and breakfast had been a diseaster.
But is was still nice holding Matthew's hand in the theater and then cozying up with Chris on the bus. I don't get too much of this anymore from my "big" boys. Even at the tender age of 5 they have begun to assert their seperatness from me, and usually feel embaressed at any public displays of affection. I still feel the peace from having spent the time with them in an environment where I didn't have to call the shots, just go for the ride and get some quality time with the boys.

No comments: